Eight Things to Do in Bali in 2015
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a repeater like our staff, these are some fun and nearly free things to experience when in Ubud and beyond. The Rainbow Rambler has begun the checklist. Thanks to The Journey tourism magazine for compiling the suggestions.
8. Enter the Elelphant Cave – Done before the buses arrived.
7. Get holistically healed – Received foot reflexology from a master.
6. See the Cranes of Petulu – on the list, happens just north of Ubud each dusk.
5. Watch Traditional Dance Performances – on my low season list, happens at the Ubud Palace nightly.
4. Walk through ricefields. Done. The ancient rice paddies in Jatiluwih are not to be missed.
3. Visit an art museum – Paining and photography galleries done; Blanco Museum on the bucket list.
2. Go shopping – Markets galore, barter for bargains. skip the mega stores unless you can’t get the item at home or in DFS at the airport.
1. Get lost in the Ubud Monkey Forest. Checked; rode my scooter through it once, unscathed by cheeky monkeys.